Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Thoughts on Baby Blogging

So as it turns out, I really, really am not good at blogging on a schedule. I feel like it's on my to-do list or something and lately I just see it as a chore that should be done...and I don't like chores. But I do like to write and keep updating this, so from now on I will just check in and write as I feel like it. Some weeks I may not write at all, while others I will post in a few times, depending on what's going on that week.

So right now I am halfway through eleven weeks. Just a couple more to go before we can stop keeping this pregnancy a big secret! That is surely exciting. I know some people choose to tell the world after 12 weeks but just to be on the safe side I want to wait til the end of week 13. We have another doctor's appointment coming up next Friday too, so I just want to make sure all is well in there before our entire family and all our friends find out.

A bunch of friends found out the other day, actually...at a bachelorette party I planned and attended. Obviously as I mentioned in a previous post it was a dead giveaway with the absence of me guzzling down beers as I normally would at one of these things. It was probably a little confusing because I look like I have been working on my beer belly a little more than normal, haha. I asked everyone there to keep it a secret, which I'm sure most will and a few wont, but that's fine. At this point we are almost in the safe zone and can hopefully breathe a big sigh of relief once I get to the 2nd trimester. C'mon September 8th, get here already!

Never before have I wanted for fall to come so bad. I mean, I love, loooooooove the fall, it's my favorite season. But this year it's different being pregnant. With the fall this year will come the second trimester, which everyone says is typically easier than the first for most women. The humidity will be down, the mosquitoes that have taken over our yard  from all the rain and heat will be dead, and the temperature will be just right. And I'm REALLY hoping my energy will reappear. Oh, and the thought of me sporting a cute little baby bump underneath cozy over sized sweaters is just such a nice mental image. I picture myself strolling around in the fresh crisp air with my boots crunching through the dead leaves on the sidewalks, sipping hot cider and feeling oh-so-mother-earthly. I'd make a good mother earth, huh? Here's hoping.

As far as how I'm feeling these days, it's kind of hit or miss. Some days I'm feeling great and not even like I'm pregnant, and others I just drag myself around, waiting for the end of the day to come. That sounds really depressing but it's kind of true. Work is hard. Being a massage therapist, I'm on my feet all day long at work and sometimes don't get to rest for 4 to 5 hours. I am a bit nervous as to how massaging is going to go once I get really big, but I guess I'll just have to cross that bridge when I come to it. I know other LMTs who have worked up until the day they went into labor, and on the opposite end, some who have had to get pulled out of work months before their maternity leave was supposed to start. I'm kind of aiming for things to go as planned - work up until the week or two before baby comes. But we all know how that goes. Life usually has other plans. If I have to go out of work early we will just have to figure things out and in the meantime save as much money as we can. Money - booooooooooooooo - I hate you.

Other current symptoms and factoids to share so far:

- Spandex waistbands are amazing.
- The baby is the size of a small lemon or large lime.
- Heartburn can be caused from eating or drinking anything.
- The baby now has fingers, toes, and even (soft) nails, just to name a few new things.
- It's nearly impossible to sleep on my side all night.
- It's nearly impossible to sleep through the night, period anymore.
- Prenatal massages done side-lying are AMAZING.
- My uterus is about the size of a grapefruit.
- My #1 craving is fruit.
- My #1 food aversion is meat (with the exception of cold cuts, which I'm not supposed to have, of course)
- I have gained 3-ish pounds.
- My skin is breaking out like I'm going through puberty all over again.
- Cramping is still going on.
- Those who smelt it dealt it, k?



11 Weeks









No comments:

Post a Comment