Thursday, September 24, 2015

6.5 months

"He's a Jackie....He's a mover and a shaker and a Jackie! A Jackie Jackie! He's a dancer and a wiggler and a jiggler and a Jackie, A Jackie Jackie..."

That is the song we sing to Jackson and help him dance to. He always smiles as soon as we start and most recently has started swinging his head back and forth to it. He really is a dancer! Anytime music comes on he perks right up and is so entertained by me dancing to it...I think he is going to be a groovy kinda guy.

"May I please have some more Mother?"
Currently we are loving life more and more everyday. We went on a camping trip to Lewey Lake a couple weeks ago and he did amazingly well being away from home. Better than I can say for myself cause it was pouring all night and I just wanted to be in my nice warm dry home and he was just all partytime in the rain.

And little baby J is getting more and more 'tude along with each day. He makes this little stinkface I have yet to capture a photo of. It's a mixture of him scrunching up his nose and mouth and glaring at you when he does it. Very stinky.

He is also very vocal. He babbles, yells, protests, cries, scream-cries, sleep talks, and sleep cries (all off the top of my head, there is probably more) all day long. Not sure if we're accurate in this assumption but we think he may end up being an early talker. He really seems to want to say something when he uses his words...and to him I think he IS saying something...but to us it just sounds like jibberish.

J's sleeping arrangements on our camping trip to Lewey Lake. Looks comfy but
I was amazed he slept in a new bed so easily...what a good baby!

He can sit up most of the time without toppling over now, and can roll from his back onto his belly, a trick that is a big deal but to him it just seems frustrating because he refuses most of the time to roll from his belly to his back. I think he will get it soon enough but even just practicing with him is frustrating to watch. He gets SOOOO close to flipping and wobbles back and forth then just gives up and cries after a few minutes. He only does it when he's not trying, oddly enough...like a reflex or something.

The binky was in almost the entire day while camping.
I think maybe he felt out of his element or something,
and just needed some extra comfort.


So here's something funny...Cody is working late tonight and Jack is asleep.The house is quiet. I must admit I've been kind of looking forward to this moment all day, just because I was up with the baby last night a couple of times, and didn't sleep well in between his wakings. Then I got up way too early with him once he decided to start his day this morning...I am soooo tired. I have been tired for days, weeks, months, and sick the last couple of weeks on top of all of that.Yet here I am, spending the rest of my night thinking and writing about my sweet boy, watching him in the monitor and going through pictures and videos of him all the while. I mean, don't get me wrong, it is nice to have the time to myself to do this stuff and not have to entertain a baby 24/7. But you'd think I'd want to do something else, not baby-related with my time. Nope, apparently not.



The black shirts. Like father, like Son
Our anniversary is coming up though, and we booked a little getaway for the night at Niagara Falls yesterday. We're both really looking forward to getting away for a minute. Night after night of waking up all hours and never really feeling rested in the morning, and even sometimes feeling anxious about just going to bed in general (ya never know what the night may hold sometimes) has definitely taken it's toll on us. We've both been struck with a horrible cold that just won't go away and Cody swears he's twice a gray as before we had Jack. Ugh, I just miss sleep so bad. I don't wanna talk about it.

So we get away...we've earned it. And this trip is something we've been talking about doing since we were in the beginnings of our relationship, but just never got around to doing. We're only going for a night and leaving Jackie with my mom, so he'll be pretty content and it will be a short trip, but it'll be our first night away from him. I am wondering how we'll do. I have a feeling we'll be pretty eager to return to our little element here once we're away from it for 24 hours.




No comments:

Post a Comment