Saturday, November 1, 2014

20 Week Ultrasound

Cody and I patiently waited for yesterday to arrive; the day we got to see our little bundle of joy again for the first time in three whole months. While October is my favorite month, it was a rough one for me. The upcoming ultrasound was literally ALL I could think about since our last doctors appointment. Which of course set myself up for tons of jokes at work and home about my very apparent "pregnancy brain." Dropping stuff, tripping over things, distracted driving, forgetting the most obvious stuff ever. But it was and still is a real condition. Pregnancy Brain - my excuse for being semi-absentminded for the next 4.5 months. I'll take it.

Oh Hello, what are you doing up there?


Well the jig is up - It's a BOY!!! A beautiful little 11 oz. baby boy who was just as excited as we were yesterday; he wiggled and flipped through pretty much his entire sonogram. I think that may have had something to do with the sugary cereal and banana I ate right before we went to the appointment, topped off by a cup of coffee, but who knows.

I was not surprised at all when the ultrasound tech moved the wand over his legs and groin and we saw what were clearly the anatomical parts of a boy. A boy!!! I knew it the whole time, what'd I tell ya. I would've been thrilled with a girl too but I've always wanted a boy, and even forever ago I knew that I would have lots of them. So that makes a total of FIVE boys in the Law household now, if you count animals as members of the home, which we do. Cody, Oscar, Otto, Emmit, Mack, and now Baby.

I hope our second child is a girl, but I also have a feeling I''ll be cursed to a life of all boys. And I'm okay with that too. I like boys.

Also the best news of all is that everything on the ultrasound looked absolutely perfect. Two hands, two feet, fingers, toes, eyes, nose and mouth all visible. Brain and spinal anatomy were right where they should be, along with his weight (but how the hell do they know the weight???). I could feel a huge wave of relief roll over me when she said that and then got all teary eyed and sappy. And now here I am doing it all over again! Oh god haha.





No comments:

Post a Comment