Sunday, July 12, 2015

4 Months

My lil man is not so little these days! His first summer is in full force here in the 315 and we've been out and about enjoying this fabulous weather. We went all the way to Black Lake to visit Grandpa and Cyndi's camp for a night, we've been to Sylvan Beach at least five times now, and we've gone swimming once in a lake, and once in a pool. Jack seemed to react much more favorably to the pool for some reason...maybe because the water at my dad's house was just more calm than the murky waters of Oneida Lake. And cleaner too.

It's been really hot here and while Jackie is, according to our Wonder Weeks app, currently going through one of his "leaps (major milestones/growth spurts/fussy periods in a baby's life)," he seems to be handling the heat really well. He sweats buckets, it's amazing how much little babies sweat. He is like a little heater. But as I said, it doesn't seem to bother him too much during the day. On a hot night though, by the time he's ready for bed his room gets way too hot to ever put a baby in there. We have been meaning to get an air conditioner for it but just haven't made the effort. We really only turn on the AC every week or so, so it's been easy to forget until we need it again. So on the hot nights he crashes in our room, ugh. Everyone just gets more sleep if we sleep in separate rooms. I am honestly looking forward to cooler days soon, something you rarely hear someone from this region say.

Post-swim chillaxin with Dad

He only protested when he was chest-deep in the water.
Today Cody took him to a baby shower at our friend's house in the neighborhood. I say baby shower but it really was just another party. Co-ed and lots of eating and drinking going on. I met him there after I got out of work and it was still going on at 6 pm. It must have been a sight to see - Cody walked there, so he was pushing a baby in a stroller, carrying all the baby stuff and a big frilly gift bag. How domestic! He is a good daddy, Jackie and I are both so lucky to have him. Apparently our little man made barely a peep the whole time there and was all smiles. We are lucky to have him too!

Emmy Love Baby, and SHTICK!

Loungin'.
So his four month appointment is tomorrow. Dr. Chiodi said at his two month visit that during the next one we'd talk about starting solids. I am really excited about that. While being able to give him breast milk is great, I am starting to really get over it. Last month nursing was going so well, but this month is seems to be getting harder. He is just so aware of everything around him, he gets distracted constantly and pops off, then cries, then needs to get re-latched, then over and over again. I usually just end up giving him a bottle anyway because it seems like he's not really eating much. At night he nurses great but it's because he is just so tired. He eats, then goes right back to sleep most of the time.

But pumping at work is getting old too... I just want to feel like my body is back to being mine again. I'm sure to some that sounds kind of selfish but I've tried as hard as I can for four whole months. I think the benefits, if they actually exist, have been given to him by now and he will be fine regardless of what he's eating. I think after my freezer stash runs out I will try to wean him. And I know that the first foods he eats can't replace breast milk or formula, but at least it will make things a little more fun. I am looking forward to seeing his face the first time he tries real food. And Cody cannot WAIT to give him a lime to shove in his mouth, hahaha.  

My Sweet Boy 

Current Jackie Likes:

His Lovies (small stuffed plush animal heads with little blanket bodies)
Pulling the covers over his head (as if I need anymore reasons to not sleep)
Getting his diaper changed (all that one-on-one attention)
Watching the kitties, and sometimes touching the kittie's soft fur
Splashing in the bath
Gnawing on his hands all day
Getting raspberries blown on his belly
Getting read to

Current Jackie Dislikes:

Tummy time
Rolling over (he cries when we roll him over, he's only done it one his own twice)
When anyone talks to anyone else when he's tired and/or hungry
Barking dogs
Direct sunlight
Going to sleep alone (we're just not there yet...maybe someday!)






No comments:

Post a Comment