Tuesday, August 11, 2015

5 Month Old Big Boy




Well our little big boy has had some fun tasting new flavors over the past couple of weeks, how fun! The first food he tried was oatmeal, which he really didn't seem too excited nor too displeased with. He just kind of rolled around in his mouth and spat most of it out. A week or so later we tried pureed sweet potatoes though, which he really took a liking to. Like, a Grab the spoon out of your hand liking, then Smear it all over everything and swallow some of it til it's gone liking, followed by a We're out of sweet potatoes meltdown! Hahaha. Good times. 

Little baby Jack just keeps on amazing me. He changes so fast. One day he is just still a teeny little baby full of cries and helplessness, then the next he is practically doing pushups and moving his head all over the place like a sparrow on the first warm day of spring to see what's out there. He really has gained such head control over the past couple of weeks. I thought he had a lot a month ago but apparently he still had some work to do. He can hold up that big noggin' for awhile now!



He still is just a teeny baby though. So sweet and lovey. I got to capture a sweet tender moment yesterday when I walked downstairs and caught Jackie and Auntie Sara napping together on the couch. She stayed with us for a night this week during a wedding planning trip. Her and Dave's big day is coming up and she had some loose end to tie up before then.

I must say I was kind of jealous in a way, because Jackie never really wants to nap with me like this anymore. Well, kind of. In the morning after he wakes up he usually eats and then eventually crashes in bed with me shortly after, but it's never really comfy. He just kind of hangs on me and sleeps on my arm and shoulder, then starts to wake up at about the exact same time I start to drift off into a deep sleep 30 minutes later. I miss the two hour afternoon mommy naps!



I just found some photos from last month too that I thought were worth posting on here. So these are when he was about 4 months old I think...too cute!


Grandma Jones and Jackie

Jackie-Toots

Giggles

No comments:

Post a Comment