Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Happy Birthday Jackie!


Fun with Pops




The birthday cake.
I doubled the butter on accident. It was a good mistake.





Well our little Jackie Boy has made it to the big ONE!

It has been quite a year. My due date was actually on this day one year ago. I was too busy on his real birthday to write this so it only seems fitting that I do it today.

We are truly (and literally) stepping into toddler-hood over here at the Law residence. Jackie started walking about 3 weeks ago and has been busy getting into stuff and asserting his independence all day long ever since. So basically 24/7 my job is to make sure he doesn't maim himself. And that, surprisingly, is turning out to be QUITE a job.

We've continued to baby-proof the house, and it's a huge pain in the ass. I now know why some people baby-proof and some people don't.

Who has time for all of this? I can't even think straight most days let alone figure out this crap. Baby-proofing is a huge headache. When one little task like screwing in cabinet clips sounds so easy, it really takes like two hours (Saturday hours!), and lots of sweat and swearing to accomplish, I think. I say I think because we never actually accomplished it. We decided it was too much of a hassle and went with a seemingly easier magnetic lock to install on the drawers and cabinets. And it was still a pain in the ass. And don't get my started on the baby gates.

Remember when I was pregnant? Everything was so much easier..

I could just sleep all day if I wanted, and not feel bad....I had so much time...and such rested, dark circle-less eyes...just sitting around, planning for lil' baby to come! Ahhh, those were the days...

I was so concerned with my baby registry and all the stuff. ALL the stuff that in that moment just seemed so perfect to get for baby. Like if you had "this" and "that" the baby would just be healthier and better than other babies, and life would be somehow easier. The cute little outfits all freshly washed and folded and put away so neat and sweetly. Somehow that is just how my brain took it all in at the time.

In reality though....there is none of that.

In reality there is a teething monster upstairs who is probably going to wake up every hour tonight and yet again make me question my sanity in the middle of the night ("What time is it? When did he get up last? WHY is this HAPPENING???!")

And in reality all that baby stuff that seemed so necessary is all getting lent to my cousin and anyone else who will take it, just so we can have a little breathing room in our house. THERE. IS. STUFF. EVERYWHERE. Baby stuff. Toys. Clothes. Binkies. Diapers. Poo.

There is no more sleep all day if I want. There is no more sleep in. There is no more easy. I look like hell all the time now and some days I feel like it too. And all I smell is poo, all day long! With Jack eating all solids now, plus the stinky dog and two cats....ugh. Poo Central.

Welcome to the Laws.

And on another note, coming up are some super sweet pictures of Jack's first birthday bash, and from Mimi and Pop's visit...they came all the way up just for his big day. Fun was had by all. It was a great celebration of Jackson's first year. There were so many kids! He is a lucky guy to have so many friends already, and we are lucky parents to have have the sweetest little smiley guy on our hands, poo and all! He is changing so fast all the time and making us wonder in amazement with proud smiles on our faces. It truly has been quite a year.

Jackie Likes:

All animals and their sounds
Blankies & Binkies
Elmo, Curious George, & Daniel Tiger
Bathtime
All Foods
Riding in his wagon
The vacuum cleaner
Remotes, Phones, and all things Tech

Jackie Dislikes:
Not getting his way
The blender



 
Giggles with Mimi and Emmy!



Not really awake yet. And not so sure about the hat.

Birthday stare-down with Grandpa

So dainty with his cake, but loved the plastic balloon cake-topper


Kilian! My BFF Caitlin's son, exactly 4 months younger than Jackie. They came for the party all the way from Connecticut. These two WILL be friends, regardless of whether they like each other or not.












  

1 comment:

  1. Aahhhh I love the last pic! It's ok that you're covered in poo. It's just a stage.

    ReplyDelete